Thursday, May 3, 2007

My First Glimpse




I finally made it London yesterday after a very good flight on Virgin Atlantic. I must say, I don't know how they are staying in business because there was literally one person per row. So I laid out across four seats and slept the whole flight. I kind of laughed knowing that there was someone sitting in first class who paid five times what I paid for a little "extra space".

When I got to London I did what any responsible traveler would do, I followed everyone else (sheep). I figured between the guy sitting in front of me and the posted signs I could figure out the airport. The only exciting thing at the airport was seeing a guy make a commotion at customs after being denied entry. So I did what all the rest of the nosey Americans did, we stared. I thought to myself, "please get louder and throw your hands up some more, then they're really going to let you in".

Once I left the airport I was excited to see my first glimpse of the London scene. When I checked in at my hostel I dropped my bags and quickly made my way towards the underground. The underground was not that hard to navigate. I figured if I can do subways in NY and the metro in DC I would be okay.

My first day consisted of me walking aimlessly throughout the streets of London. I stumbled on a few places like Buckingham Palace and Westminster. I'm going back today to check out the changing of the guard. For the most part the weather is very nice day. I did the typical American thing and ate at MacDonald's. Plus, I now understand what some homeless guy once told me when he said that Starbucks is taking over the world. Because they are.

Tomorrow I'll be in Paris. Can't wait.
This is Alisa and I with some random child from California who wanted to be in the picture with us.

1 comment:

Faye said...

Hi Adam,

Glad you made it to London safely. I know you will enjoy Paris when you arrive tommorrow. My trip to Paris was one of my most memorable travels outside the U.S. Please continue to be safe and enjoy your journey. I look forward to your next update.

Much Love,

Faye